Sunday, January 6, 2008

Epilepsy Drugs

Don’t settle. If you are like me you don’t want to take any drugs. The side effects and the daily hassle to take the drugs are a struggle on its own. Don’t let that bother you and don’t just settle on a drug just because you don’t enjoy the hassle of bothering the doctor. Your doctor works for you; although I know there is nothing that saps your soul more than waiting around a doctors’ office. Bug the hell out of your doctor. If you are not happy with your doctor, find another one.


Your goal needs to be to find a drug that allows you to function on a daily basis. There are enough drug choices now that you shouldn’t settle on something that doesn’t do the job. - mainly getting rid of the grand mals.
For people like me the main struggle was against the grand mals. After 15 years of half-ass drugs I finally settled on Depakote - which did relieve me of grand mals but had the unfortunate side effect of slowing my thinking down to a crawl. Still, it was worth it to get rid of the grand mals.

FYI: My good life long friend and former Governor Ann Richards suffered from epilepsy.
I'm giving my Krusty Brand seal of approval to Depakote.

0 comments: